Oswestry Sports Forum awards small grants towards sport and physical recreation in Oswestry and the surrounding area, within a 10 mile radius of the town. Applications are welcomed from local Sports Clubs, organisations providing opportunities in sport or physical recreation in the Oswestry area, and individuals for the advancement of their sport. In general, the grants are to pay for equipment, kit and coaching to clubs and individuals. In June 2022, Oswestry Town Council agreed to award OSF up to £3,000 p.a. to support clubs and individuals based within Oswestry town.
Sports Grant Application Procedure:
Grant application forms can be downloaded here or are available from the Oswestry Sports Forum Secretary We ask applicants to note the following conditions (The Grant Conditions can be downloaded here):
Oswestry Sports Forum awards small grants towards sport and physical recreation in the Oswestry area. The Oswestry area refers to the area within a 10 mile radius of Oswestry town centre. Applications are welcomed from Oswestry Sports Clubs, organisations providing opportunities in sport or physical recreation in the Oswestry area, and individuals, who live in the Oswestry area or who are active members of an Oswestry Sports Club, for the advancement of their sport.
Grants should be submitted on the Grant Application Form. Grants will be awarded by the Oswestry Sports Forum Grants Committee on the first Thursday of February, July and October, except in unforeseen circumstances. Completed Application Forms must be with the Secretary by the second Monday of January, June and September accordingly. Any late applications will be deferred to the next meeting. Grant applications must meet the following conditions:
1. Applicants must be living in or located in the Oswestry area I.e. within a 10 mile radius of Oswestry town centre.
2. A member of the Grants Committee will be nominated as Grant Mentor for each application. This person will have experience in a different sport in a local club. They will take an interest in how the money is spent and will try to share good ideas amongst the Oswestry clubs. Please tell them about your successes so that they can help other clubs benefit from your experiences.
3. Where a grant for the purchase of equipment is requested, three quotations must be enclosed with the Grant Application Form. Quotations from local businesses are encouraged.
4. For successful applications, a Grant Feedback Form will be issued with the Grant cheque. This must be completed as soon as the money has been spent and within one calendar year of receiving the cheque. Receipts must be provided to show that the money was spent according to the application. Any change to the requirement in the application must be agreed by the Grants Committee.
5. If the purpose for which the grant was awarded does not come to fruition, the money must be returned to Oswestry Sports Forum within one calendar year so that another applicant may benefit from the funds.
Clubs and Organisations
· Applicants must be located in the Oswestry area and must be members of Oswestry Sports Forum.
· Sports Clubs that have achieved the charter mark from their governing body may apply in successive years. Other applicants may not apply in successive years.
· Clubs must supply a copy of their latest annual accounts with their application.
· If a club disbands within one year, any equipment purchased with a Sports Forum grant should be returned to Oswestry Sports Forum so that it can go to another local club.
· Applicants must live in the Oswestry area or must be active members of Oswestry sports clubs.
· Individuals should have their applications authorised by their club.
· Any individual who is progressing rapidly in their sport may apply in successive years. Otherwise applicants may not apply in successive years.
· Applications from sports clubs should include an up-to-date balance sheet of the club’s finances.
· Clubs should also ensure that they have paid their annual subscription (£10 due in September) to the Sports Forum before they apply for a grant.
· Receipts of equipment purchased through a Sports Forum grant should be provided within 12 months of the award, using the Grant Feedback Form. (In general, we do not give grants for travelling expenses.)
The Grants Committee meets on the first Thursday of February, July, and October. Applicants are required to attend, or be represented, at the meeting. Please note that completed applications must be received by the second Monday of January, June or September. Completed grant application forms should be sent to the Secretary, at the address shown on the application form.